Why be an Army Chaplain?
How many ministers:
1. Counsel 30+ sessions per month.
2. Go on Retreats quarterly to places like the Alps.
3. Preach your beliefs, your convictions, not fearing the Deacons or an Old Lady who rules the church.
4. Get to workout for 'Work'.
5. 30 days of paid vacation a year.
6. A more than reasonable salary.
7. Have soldiers ask you, "So, Chaplain what is it that you believe?" ALL DAY LONG.
8. Confidently walk around, simply asking, talking, and laughing with individuals about their lives.
9. Ride on top of Tanks going 40 mph down a winding road.
10. Fly on Chinooks, Blackhawks, and other lovely aircraft.
11. Wear the same thing everyday, and love it. (no fashion sense-necessary)
12. Wear a cross, that prompts people everywhere to identify and know you represent Christ to them.
I love my job, excuse me, my calling. God truly knows what he's doing.
Support your Army Chaplains.
Click here to read more about Chaplaincy, if interested.