Skip to main content

Day 20, Is Jesus the Only way?

If you really want to see where you stand in the realm of Christianity, ask the question to someone or yourself, "Is Jesus the only way for which some to stand right before a Holy?" Or more simply, "Is Jesus the only way?" You will quite clearly get an accurate read on the spectrum scale of where you lie, either liberal or conservative quite quickly.

Now in the local church, you would hope and assume that the Bible is being taught so frequent, that most conservatives would respond quickly verses, such as: John 14:6, or Acts 4:12, as clear answers to such a question. Sadly though, it doesn't seem to matter where you go,...the school locker room, the youth group,...the local ecumenical gathering of pastors,...you will here more of a overall tolerance of all beliefs, or a Christian Inclusivism. This can be defined as a belief that one does essentially get right standing before God, through Christ, but their honest labors in whatever faith, if seen as noble, is accounted to them as included in Christ atonement, and thus they are 'included' or 'inclusive.'

How do you stand or fair in this question? Is Jesus the only way to God? If Jesus is the only way, what about those people who never hear about Him? Do they die and go to eternal punishment?

How conservative is your family? If you want to have a good discussion around the table, ask the question? Give some good Biblical advice.

Jessica and I, actually talked about this the other day while sitting on the couch. It came about as we discussed the various religions we have come across in the military family. Our feelings and answers to this question are quite clear. We believe that the Bible is clear on this issue. A confession in Faith alone in Christ alone is essential for salvation. Thus, we place ourselves as missionaries/ambassadors of Christ here, to reach those who have never heard.

Bottomline: What type of theology sends you headlong into accomplishing the Great Commission where you are? Or does your theology cause you to rest assured that everyone's good to go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying, "I am Sorry." Is Not Enough.

The blood pressure is finally normalizing. Your hands regain heat and your nose is no longer cold. The rush of adenaline has now causing you think a little more rational and you are gaining composure. Words have been said. Doors possibly have been slammed shut. Long rides to the gas station have ended with garage door being shut and both parties are finally breathing normally. THE FIGHT IS OVER.
No matter which side of the argument you are on. This is not the best moment for any marriage or friendship. But what is vital ....what is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL...is not to respond in a minimizing of the situation. What does that look like you might ask?
Resist Statements like: 1. "Sweetheart, I am sorry. But..." 2. "Sweetheart, I am sorry."
3. "It has been a rough week, and I am sorry."
4. "You just made me angry,...I am sorry."
5. "Its ok baby. Let's just don't worry about it."

These statements sound very good on the surface, but can gloss o…

Your Sermon Tanked. Now what?

You finished, and you know it. Your sermon sucked. Whether you bored them to tears, talked way too long about a point that was not important, or you failed to prepare. Whatever the reason, what do you do now?
Repent. I am serious. Recognize you were called to lead sheep, not confuse them. If you made a couple of poor decisions that ended with this result, then take the time first to ask God to forgive you. Then resolve in your heart to address issue and safeguard from it happening again.
Resist self-deprecating. “So, I know that wasn’t my best,…but what did you think?”; “Had a rough time preparing this one.” This a polite way of keeping people from truthfully critiquing your sermon. You will get a pat on the back, but keep using these excuses and your sheep will lose trust in you. However, you can find a reliable straight-shooting friend, who can give you honest feedback. They can also keep you accountable against ‘dud’ Sundays.
Revisit your call. Be encouraged, if you have preached an…

Monday Musings: Being Affectionate During Church

Monday Musings are a simple break from the norms of this blog to address or arm-chair quarterback an issue.


Being Affectionate During Church


As a child I remember my dad sitting pretty close to my mom throughout the service. She would even lean in on him periodically during the sermon and share a Bible. They would even hold hands walking into the sanctuary. This wasn't every Sunday, but I do many remember many young couples would comment that they wanted to be like my parents when they got older as a couple.


So, I have found myself doing the 'yawning-technique' many times to draw Jessica a touch closer during the exposition of God's Word. I often get her hair caught in my arm, and I have to do delicate dance to make sure I don't turn a move of affection into a move torture. However, I grab her hand at times and she rubs my back when I lean forward in the pew to listen. I do not think I am being distracting or feel that I am over doing it either. I love my wife. I l…